NGHS ATTENDANCE PROCEDURE
Check In/Tardy Procedure:
If you check in late, you must have a note from your parent or doctor with the reason listed. Excused reasons are illness, illness of family member, death in family, observed religious holiday and court.
If you go to a doctor, PLEASE bring a doctor note back.
Check Out Procedure:
If you are checking your student out for an appointment:
- Send a note in with your student stating when and for what purpose they need to leave. Notes must include Student full name, number and parent signature and phone number. They will drop it in the basket at the front desk.
- We will send your student a pass to leave at the designated time.
- Students must always key in their number at the front desk when checking out and checking in.
- All check outs are unexcused unless from the clinic.
- Students must bring a note from the doctor/dentist, etc., in order for the absence to be excused.
If you do not send in a note and plan to pick up your student:
Please come in a show ID at the front desk. We will get your student at that time. This may take up to 10 minutes.
Unexcused Absences Include: If a note is not submitted within 10 days of the absence, the absence will be regarded as unexcused. Parents will receive a letter from the county when a student has reached 5, 7 and 10 unexcused absences.
TARDY/UNEXCUSED CHECK IN DISCIPLINE POLICY:
(7-9) 1 day Restricted Lunch
(10-12) 5 days Restricted Lunch
(13-15) 4 Hours of Saturday School
(16+) Referral to Administration
If a student skips Restricted Lunch or Saturday School, Administration will be notified and further disciplinary steps will be taken.
Joni Baraban/NGHS Attendance